Governor Mary Fallin will hold a public bill signing ceremony and press conference tomorrow afternoon to sign DHS reform legislation. I know many of you are interested in these reforms so I wanted to make sure you were aware of the plans and I hope you are able to attend.
Thursday, May 31
Governor’s Blue Room
The reform bills include:
- HB3133 – Any individual who knowingly provides false information in a deprived child proceeding commits a felony.
- HB3134 – DHS to eliminate the Field Operations Division and to vertically integrate all program divisions and staff; field operations and programs shall no longer be separated into different divisions.
- HB3135 – Allows for DHS to release certain information when a child death has occurred.
- HB3137 – Gives the Governor authority to select the DHS Director, subject to confirmation from the Senate. Creates citizen advisory panels to evaluate core areas of DHS.
- HJR1092 – Refers to the vote of the people a constitutional amendment which would delete the DHS Commission and allow the department to be administered under the Governor’s purview. (Included in the reform measures is HJR1092 that sends State Questions 765 to a vote of the people this fall. HJR1092 does not require the governor’s signature).